Monday, March 22, 2010

Cabbage Soup with a side of Garlic Cheese Bread

Yesterday I made "Soupe Aux Choux- Garbure", which is "Main-course Cabbage Soup". It said at the end of the recipe to serve the soup with "Croutes", which is "Hard-toasted French bread" (pretty much garlic bread). At the end of that recipe, it said that you could put cheese on top and make it "Cheese Croutes" (which is pretty much garlic cheese bread).

Around noon, I prepped some of the ingredients, like the potatoes and cabbage for the soup. I also prepped the bread for the garlic cheese bread. I knew that the soup would take a while to make so I wanted to get some of the ingredients ready. Around 6:30 pm, I started to make the soup. It was surprisingly easy to make, and very delicious. To make the soup, you pretty much just put all of the ingredients into the pot and let it simmer for about two hours.

About half an hour before the soup was done, I started to toast the French bread in the oven. Half way through the toasting, I basted the bread with some olive oil. When it was done toasting, I rubbed the bread with garlic and then put it back in the oven to melt the cheese that I put on top. The garlic cheese bread tasted so good when it was done!

At 9:45 pm I finally got to taste my amazing cabbage soup with a side of garlic cheese bread. I can't wait to have it for lunch at school today.

'Till next time
~Beth

4 comments:

  1. The soup filled the kitchen with an awesome aroma. Beth let me sample some while it was still in the pot...It was delicious! The garlic toast was also fantastic. I hope you had a nice lunch today eating your soup.
    Beth's dad, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dad :) And yes I did have a nice lunch today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! I'm glad you're cooking again!
    Cheers,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm...sounds really tasty!!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete